Saturday, April 17, 2010

no one was there

Well, I know I didn't write about any poems that I read yesterday but I figured I already broke my cardinal rule concerning the amount of poems from each poet I would read. I also started this whole thing off on the wrong foot by starting in the middle of the month and not planning ahead. Planning is what begins and ends this crazy, muddled up world we live in right? I hope I learned my lesson about preparedness last year when I tried to tend a community garden plot but did little to no advanced scheduling or research and ended the harvest with a paltry yield.

I have come to understand this as a very important month. A month that holds two of my brothers' birthdays, my other brother's college graduation, and a two-fer appreciation month. Not only is it National Poetry Month (the muse behind my poetry writings) it is also Jazz Appreciation Month. So in the spirit of both these I shall regale you with an unsolicited, impromptu poem on the subject of jazz.

gather and push from this side to the back
buckle and jive so full
so much so
capacity's sound jolted to the not yet arrived

Well that is all I could muster. I hope both poetry and jazz feel appreciated. For my part I tried my darnedest.

brandon

No comments: